This 2-in-1 lip treatment looks like a yummy lemon & strawberry sorbet but is a homemade lip scrub and lip balm.
In summer and winter our lips require special treatment to avoid ending up with peels, cracks and wounds. This natural recipe is so effective that it visibly regenerates cracked lips in just a few hours.
I flavored it with sweet orange essential oil and a strawberry lip safe natural flavor. Of course, you can use any other flavor or lemon essential oil, but I think that the sweet orange one tastes and smells better. If you use a natural flavor, please always check the maximum dosage of the product. I used 0,4 g of it, but depending on the brand you could need more or less.
Also, keep into account that lemon and sweet orange essential oil are photosensitizing, so avoid them in case of sun exposure.
The base is the same for both treatments and you’ll have to add a few tablespoons of sugar to the mixture to make the homemade lip scrub. So yummy that you’ll want to eat it!
It also contains hydrating honey, glycerin, beeswax, rice oil and castor oil.
I added a little bit of Vitamin E (Tocopherol) that helps to delay oils rancidity, increasing the life of the product. You can avod it, but consider adding it if you want your handmade cosmetic last for a longer time.
Homemade lip treatment recipe
- 20 g of beeswax
- 40 g of rice oil
- 13.7 g of castor oil
- 0.5 g of vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- 20 g of honey
- 5 g of glycerin
- 0.4 g of Strawberry natural flavor
- 0.4 g of Swet Orange essential oil
For the lip scrub:
- 30 g of sugar
For the lip balm:
- 1 drop of Rouge Baiser natural color or a pinch of pink mica
Homemade lip scrub and lip balm recipe
- Place phase A and phase B in two separate containers and heat in a double boiler.
- When the wax has melted, combine the two phases and continue stirring until the mixture has firmed up.
- Take a third of the mixture, put it in another container and add the sugar and the sweet orange essential oil to make the lip scrub.
- Take the remaining lip balm. Add the strawberry flavor and the natural color “Rouge Baiser” or the mica. If you go for the mica, dilute it first in a few drops of oil.
- Take small jars and fill them half with the sugar lip scrub and half with the pink lip balm. Smooth the surface by passing the blade of a knife.
How to use this DIY 2-in-1 scrub and lip balm treatment
Take a small amount of sugar lip scrub and swipe it over the lips, rubbing gently for a minute. Remove it with a tissue and apply the homemade pink lip balm… and try to avoid eating it!